At RFP we believe that the rural skills of the past can teach us a lot about effective and relevant management practices in our woodlands and the surrounding rural areas. We believe that it is important to learn and understand the rural skills of the past, and that these are important to bear in mind when making a decision in the management of any type of habitat.
When under-taking private work, such as hedge cutting or tree pruning, we pride our selves in leaving our clients gardens clean and tidy. I always think that you should know when a tree surgeon has been working in somebody's garden because something is different and not because there is a mess.
We like to think of our selves as a well rounded company of skilled workers. Between is we specialise in many aspects of countryside, Woodland ant tree management. I like to think this gives us an edge over other companies in the same industry.
- Staff are qualified NPTC (National Profficiency Test Council), with an onus on continuing professional development.
- Staff work to guidelines set out in ‘a Guide to Good Climbing Practice’ (Arboricultural Association)
- Climbing and lowering equipment regularly LOLER (Lifting Operations & Lifting Equipment operations 1998) inspected to ensure safety compliance.
- We use Bio Chain Oil in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Equipment and its use complies with PUWER (Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998).
- Fully insured public and products liability £5 million and employers liability to £10 million
- Risk assessments for all work undertaken.
- All work carried out to British Standard 3998.